Lawful permanent residents (people with “green cards”) can apply for naturalization. You must meet certain requirements to qualify for naturalization, and some of these requirements can seem confusing if you don’t have a naturalization attorney. Gahagan Law Firm, LLC, The Immigration Law Firm of New Orleans dedicates our time to helping you with the naturalization and citizenship process in a seamless and efficient manner.
Michael Gahagan, our experienced US naturalization and citizenship attorney, will work directly with you. He will talk to you about your current situation and inform you about your rights and options for obtaining citizenship. Schedule a consultation now.
Qualifications for Obtaining United States Citizenship
- If you are married to a U.S. citizen, you must have had permanent residency for three years. If you are not married to a U.S. citizen, you must have had permanent residency for five years.
- You must have made the U.S. your country of residence while you were a permanent resident.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have good moral character.
- You must be able to read, write and speak English.
- You must know U.S. history and government.
- You must be able to say the oath of allegiance and accept the principles of the U.S. Constitution.
Is Your Citizen Application Being Delayed? Has It Been Denied?
Mr. Gahagan understands the process of helping clients obtain citizenship through the naturalization process. He is also knowledgeable about the delays that can occur and the options to solve the delay. If your case is being delayed by USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services), or if you have been wrongfully denied citizenship, talk to Michael Gahagan, an immigration attorney for citizenship, about federal litigation options.
At Gahagan Law Firm, LLC, The Immigration Law Firm of New Orleans, we understand firsthand how frustrating the immigration system can be. We work tirelessly to ensure our clients receive quality legal help. We answer our phones and promptly return calls if we are not available to answer the phone immediately. We are available to our clients and will work with them to help find the answers and results they need. If you have questions or concerns regarding naturalization and citizenship, schedule an appointment with citizenship application lawyer Michael Gahagan by scheduling a consultation now.